if you tickle me it’s either going to lead to kissing or an extreme act of violence
if you tickle me it’s either going to lead to kissing or an extreme act of violence
BODY POSITIVITY POST #2: BELLIES
**huuuge thank you to everyone who submitted a picture of themselves, the ones who wanted to be off anonymous will be credited at the end ok**
****one thing i want you to do is DO NOT COMPARE THESE BELLIES OTHER THE SENSE THAT HEY, NONE OF THESE THE SAME. yes, some are fatter. others narrow. some curvy. a few have major rolls and flab. select tums are hard and rigid with muscles. all super interesting and yeah, are some more attractive than others? i guess sure we all like our own thing but none of these are “ugly” cause i mean c’mon, not only are these people ALIVE but they had the guts (HA) to send photos of themselves. they’re automatically like x10 hotter dang looks like we’re all gonna have to make out or something*****
TUMMIES! A really problematic area for so many people. Really interesting, in the submission captions of the pictures I received many of ya’ll pointed out flaws as if you had to justify sending me a picture of you. Insecurities about the tummy were from stretch marks, hair, rolls, even being thin. (I feel weird talking to y’all like in this person but ill do it anyways) ok so ask yourself, WHY you think these characteristics of your body are wrong? WHY do you think having excess fat or “not enough” fat or “too much” hair, etc etc are suddenly something that you need to explain or excuse or to feel sorry/ugly for?! and these aren’t rhetorical questions. truly ask yourself WHERE you picked up these insecurities, WHEN you started to feel ugly or bad bout your belly. (((i think your nerd self will find it’s from comparing yourself + being told beauty comes in only one form))
- but really, your stomach is fucking metal as hell. there is literally this mini universe inside your abdomen, digesting food but also “knowing” not to digest itself (an endless supply of neutralizing mucus is released when the enzymes are- these proteins break down food and is strong as fuck- and the mucus shit keeps you from eating yourself hahah). its a lil step in the way of your body getting all its nutrients and shit like dude, as unappealing as you think your bonsa looks, without it you would die probably??
- so the FAT on your bonsa there are different kinds. and as you can see, everyone stores fat differently. genetics is what ya know does that lol, you can lose weight and all but still have a thick “waist” (which btw is nothing, its literally used to describe the space between your bottom rib and hip, relying totally on your BONE STRUCTURE, NOT YOUR WEIGHT) or have a flat tum + love handles or trimmed waist with lower pudge. all kinds of combinations!!!! all super cute i mean look at yourself, look at these people and how different people are. totally normal!! no ones the same!!!!! its almost as if humans are never carbon copies like the media/beauty industry romanticizes oH WAIT.
- anyways, lots of things affect your body. obviously your lifestyle choices/diet play into but you would be surprised at what’s more…underneath (??) or whatever that does, too. like your hormones!! whether its from stress, pregnancy, periods. whatever. with all these chemicals inside you, of course some will be out of whack or just a little different than regularly which can affect how your tummy looks. you can be fit and healthy as fuck, and still be fat. your belly has lots of shit to deal cut it some slack dude!!!!!!!!!!! your lower pudge, or the subcutaneous fat, protects your body like some sort of super soft and shock absorbing shield. similar job description to your lil rib cage, its like wow your body protects you so much??? don’t hate it due to something as trivial as looks pal. cause you can look as hot as you want but hey we all grow old and we are all gonna die, its bologna to waste time hating your body and aspects of it bc super impermanent and certainly not something that determines your beauty or worth yo
- to people who have scars: your body was cut open, for some a hand or tool were literally put into your body!!! what the FUCK you were open like a goddamn window then sewn shut and you’re still ALIVE! a bionic goddess/god actually. to people who have lots of rolls and flab: excess skin and extra fat doesn’t make you or your tum ugly or any less cool. your muscles inside are contracting, you are able to transform a tangible product aka food into energy??? your body literally is breaking down these compounds into ya know simpler and useful substances, distributing everything all over??? keeping your nerd self thriving with energy and.. ALIVENESS (i’m gonna use that in every post i’m gonna make it a word ok). so what if you’ve got flab? i’m sure its mad cool to touch and squeeze + who doesn’t like soft things ya know
- so yeah okay bellies. all sizes and lengths n colors and other shit- all are super cool. its a really sensitive area. physically in the sense hormones affect it hella as well as what we eat (IE water retention, too much sodium, processed food making our digestion more difficult, genetics setting our bone structure and weight distribution IN STONE). mentally, our outlook on our tums can really hold us back like with any insecurity. whether its hiding your figure in baggy clothes or refusing to wear a baring top or strutting it at the beach or letting a lover see you in the light. and for those who sent in pictures can we just take a moment for them?? they bared all, no hiding no angles no sucking in no spanx. if you didn’t send in a picture i would take one right now (you can delete it right after) or look in the mirror for a bit. pick out all the areas you think are “wrong” and try to find something good, or to rub yourself and be like “yo thanks for holding in my guts and shit you’re the real MVP”. treat your body well, with healthy fuel and with gratitude.
THANK YOU: whollylaney, screamyenaa, @imaginati0nfigment, @kuma-senpaii, cercavoamore, vegan-smiles, baref00t-traveller, veganndreams , elen-aah, melodic-rainn, influencial-past, nervousmaybe, ly0nesse, smallandpowerfulcat, nicks-muscles, thotpocketss, phototribe, junebuds, trishadelrey, weareinfinitefreedom, baby-can-you-hear-me, @thatpunkrockerkid plainjanefaye, drycember, and—we-wont-run, @beyonddperception FOR SHARING THEIR CUTE SELVES AND TO THE ANONS OF COURSE X
I don’t mean to interrupt people I just randomly remember things and get really excited I’m sorry
This x-ray shows the case of an unfortunate woman who happened to have a snake crawl into her vagina, slither through the fallopian tube, and out oast the ovary into her body cavity. It survived unknown for three days until the snake started eating her appendix.
she had buns, hun
Um, how does one NOT KNOW that a snake ha crawled up their vajay jay UNITL IT BEGINS TO EAT THEIR APPENDIX??!!
THIS IS LITERALLY ON MY LIST OF TOP THREE FEARS
This is horrifying. Like my worst fear ever
I can’t decide if Taylor or Nikki’s reaction is better
Can we talk about the guy way in the back though?
No, we can’t fucking talk about either of those things. What we can talk about, though, is the fact that things like this are the reason that:
- her new album has few love songs
- she told Rolling Stone that she doesn’t date anymore
- she finds it necessary to make fun of herself every chance she gets
- why “Shake it Off” exists
- why she DOESN’T DATE ANYMORE
- why she refuses to date even though it’s her own personal life
- did i mention that she doesn’t allow herself to date anymore lol
This isn’t funny. This is fucking disgusting. Sure, she looks like she’s shrugging it off like a joke. I get that it’s a joke. So does she. But do people not understand that Taylor Alison Swift’s entire future is basically ruined? She has dated six people in her entire eight year career. Six. Not fifteen in the last year. Not twelve. Not six people in eight months. Six people in eight YEARS. Still, though, she seems to get slammed for it by every media outlet, by every award show host, by every country music fan, by every One Direction fan, by every person who reads any magazine where they pull information out of their asses to get money. They have no problem ruining someone’s reputation for money.
Taylor Swift is a twenty-four year old girl who will eventually need someone to spend the rest of her life with. How is that going to happen now? Not only does Taylor get bashed, but any male she is seen with gets bashed. Taylor could be seen with her brother and get slammed for having a new boyfriend. Sorry, HollywoodLife, but I don’t think Taylor’s very much into incest.
Whoever decides to date Taylor is going to get shit on by magazines and people everywhere. “Haha, bro, watch out. She might write a song about you” will probably be the end to every article about her future boyfriend and her relationship. Maybe some man out there will be able to brush that off, but what the fuck?
A twenty-four year old girl with a heart of absolute gold shouldn’t be forced to go through that. She is trying to live her dream while leaving the greatest impact on the world she possibly can, and now she has to control what she released, who she dates, who she’s seen with, and basically just control every single little aspect of her life. I get that it’s the life of a celebrity, but take Adam Levine for example. He’s a great guy. He’s also idolized by women everywhere. He’s had more girlfriends in his career than Taylor. Do you hear about that?
Get rid of the double standard; let Taylor Swift live her life without the rumors, the jokes, and the hate. As someone who Taylor has impacted positively, it’s just really fucking annoying.
You know when you’re in class with someone who has no idea what the fuck they’re talking about? That’s what being a Taylor Swift fan is like, everywhere. Turn on the TV, false information. Open a magazine, false information. Scroll through Twitter, false information.
Instead of making jokes about Taylor’s relationship-life, why don’t they make fun of her for, I don’t know, something harmless? Tell her she’s addicted to Instagram because she is sometimes seen up at 4 in the morning commenting paragraph upon paragraph of comforting messages to tweens who are dealing with things they don’t know how to deal with.
I’m not really a taylor swift fan but thank you for this :]
I love the Counting Crows. All-time favorite band. And 90% of their material is basically “Adam dated a girl and this song is about her.”
I have never heard anyone harsh on him the way that people harsh on Taylor Swift. He is allowed to take inspiration from his personal life, and people don’t act like he’s somehow violating the trust of the women he dates, breaks up with, and sings about on the stage.
There is such a double standard here.
Preach, Seanan. <3
friendly reminder that it’s okay to cry
i don’t care what happened, if a fictional character got hurt, or if an actor died, or if one of your friends made a ‘joke’ that hurt you, or you’re just having a shitty day, or even for no reason at all
it is always okay to cry
this is seriously my favorite episode